Thursday, December 4, 2008

Winter Cometh

As winter closes in upon us, I'm gearing up for a visit from my least favorite Ghost of Winters Past: dry, electrically generated heat which usually brings with it an uninvited guest, Alligator Skin.  In preparation for these visits, I'm launching a preemptive strike against scaliness, the most unwelcome of holiday visitors.  

These things are making my life good and skin happy right now and I hereby vow to keep them by my side all winter long: 


Beauty Without Cruelty moisture lotion with 8% Alpha Hydroxy.  Put it on yo' face.  This product came highly recommended by J.R.  It is made with organic ingredients, is "cruelty free" and moisturizes like a dream.  Check it out here:  http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=46459&catid=13554

Next up: 

Kiss My Face Olive & Aloe Ultra Moisturizer.  I discovered this stuff over the weekend and it has totally changed my life.  I'm only exaggerrating a little bit.  I had some nasty alligator business happening on my hands that magically cleared up in 24 hours with the help of my little friend here.  Also, it's paraben- and fragrance-free, but smells delicious in spite of itself.  True confessions: I bought the big bottle for my house and the little tube for my purse.  Buy in mass quantities here: (The 4 oz. tube is currently on sale for $3.99)


I should add a plug here for drugstore.com, which is where I purchased the above items.  (And again, must give credit to J.R. for introducing me to it.)  Free shipping on orders over $25 (and I mean, think about it, shampoo + conditioner + lotion + toothpaste + makeup = easily over $25 most of the time), plus you get reward $$ for when you order more stuff.  I love it because Duane Reade never has exactly what I want and I can't ever seem to get my ass to the store during the week (due to being lazy/having a life, kind of).  

Gawd, these people should hire me as their spokesperson.  I'd be so good at that. 

Anyway, here's to a thoroughly moisturized holiday season for all.  
Cheers!

K.F.

1 comment:

BS said...

Thank you for this post! Love it!

I have to say I'm partial to Origins Dr.Weils Mega Mushroom Plantidote (which actually sounds like some sort of cleanse or trippy drug instead of a beauty product), but at $61 a pop (even though I can say it lasts for months) I am totally willing to try out a few new friend-tested and approved and CHEAP! new products!

I want to also say that I am trying out Khiel's Lycopene face cream, and it seems to do the trick with keeping my face substantially feeling not crummy from the wind/cold without making me break out in nasty red dots on my chin, but it doesn't make my skin feel loved and luxurious! And, dammit, she needs it! (and so do I if anyone is down for some canoodling in the near future)